Tuesday 22 October 2013

Colour ideas


I decided I wanted the colour scheme of blue/turquoise when I first decided to design my magazine, I feel it represents the unisex sense of my magazine but the lighter blue colours demonstrating a more feminine sense however I want my magazine to appeal to both genders so sticking with. The bold colours will ensure I catch my audience’s attention and engage them to the magazine; the house style colouring of a magazine is a very important aspect in my opinion as it what tells a story about a magazine. If i was to use the colour 'red' for instant it would connotate blood and anger, this is why it’s important that I tell a story through my colours.

Turquoise is the symbol of youth, both the colour and the gemstone. This colour has a soothing affect. Turquoise is the colour of communication. It contains the growth quality of green with the blue quality of communication. Turquoise has long been used in amulets to provide protection, health, confidence and strength.


No comments:

Post a Comment