Monday 23 September 2013

Magazine proposal


Magazine proposal for my magazine

For my magazine I want to focus on the most fashionable music genre at the moment of urban/pop music, with all the latest music stars being within this category I believe it’s the biggest industry to study to ensure success of my magazine. Mainly teenagers of the ages 15-19 are the age in which enjoy and follow up on music bands/artists I believe this is due to the wide variety of concerts and festival in which teenagers want to see, they follow up more regularly on their favourite stars through social media which widens my interactivity in which I can use for my magazine as I can make the magazine online as well as print.

I want to keep my magazine as sophisticated and classy as possible which is my reasoning for the magazine being monthly, this ensures during each month I have enough time to include better quality articles and images. Magazines of a higher class tend to be monthly magazine too; the content always tends to be better. Articles which I want to include are topics such as:

· Sounds we love – a list of the top songs being played at the moment within my genre of music

· New and upcoming artists – engages the reader as they can feel ahead with the most recent music

· Reviews of concerts/festivals – interactivity with my audience as I’ve reached their wants and needs from my magazine

The price I will sell my magazine for will be £2.70, I believe this price is in the middle as its not to expensive but it’s not also to low priced as if i only charger £1 for example people may think the content inside is rubbish because of the price, the price of any magazine reflects the amount/quality of content you’re going to get.

My colour scheme is going to be a mix of bright colours, red blue's and yellows with jet black fonts throughout the magazine. I believe this will attract the audience as its visible to see and is also expressing my music genre through the colours as urban pop music tends to convey these colours.

To make my magazine more suitable for my target audience I’m going to be offering a subscription for a year’s contract of £25 a year and each time the magazine comes out it gets delivered straight to your house, as teenagers you don’t have the time to go out each month and buy the magazine so this will mean its delivered straight to them with no hassle. I will have chances for readers to win concert tickets and ipads included on my magazine, this creates interactivity for the audience and gives them an opportunity to feel involved and a challenge to win – it will also mean they want to purchase the magazine each month so that they win.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment