Monday 4 November 2013

Promotional Methods

Promotional methods is an important aspect of gaining a target audience, it is the best way of getting information out to a wide audience – as my magazines target audience is teenagers I would need to ensure I use the correct form of promotion methods – the underground and bus stops for example.

A way of promoting my magazine can be through public transport. Busses are a form of transport which take you around you’re area for free, this is the most fertile form of travel for teenagers. On a day trip out at least 10 buses will go past you - there is no way that you can miss them, including buses as a use of my promotional method will ensure I reach out to a wide audience by attracting them to my magazine. Going on buses itself they are forced to see the advertisement buses represent, this is why I will use buses for a way of promoting my magazine. Everyone looks out for adverts on public transport like buses, therefore it would be such a positive investment for my magazine as it grabs people’s attention and force them into looking into the promotion being advertised. Teenagers are using the underground 24/7, if I advertise my magazine through the underground I can ensure my target audience are seeing it being advertised. While traveling teenagers can get very bored, therefore giving them something to look at – an interesting music magazine could increase my chances of getting them involved with my magazine.

A good example of promotional methoding is Billboards they are a good way of advertisement as they are able to attract and reach out to all types of people, you can find them in areas where people are most likely to look like motorways and shopping centres - Billboards are located everywhere, i want to use a billboard as a use of promotional methoding as it could mean gaining a wider target audience whilst showing my knowledge into knowing where good places are to promote a magazine. Making sure my billboard looks professional, interesting and clean will determine how much audience I will get back from it - whether people feel investing money into my magazine is worth it or not. I will include sell lines and photos from my magazine to give an automatic feel for my magazine but also grab the attention of my audience straight away through the use of engaging colours. I beleive that filling it up with too much infromtation about my magazine may make the audience bored, they wont have long to look at it so they dont want to feel like theyre reading an essay.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment