Tuesday 17 December 2013

Double page spread image




Here is an image of before and after editing my image - I felt this use of image would be extremely effective for my double page spread as I wanted to use a photo which stood out but also would fill the whole page for my double page spread. The sophisticated dark lipstick on my model stands out and catches the eye of my viewer, as my model looks away from the camera it creates more effect and creates an overall more effective interesting photo. The clothing worn helps create the image of my music magazine - indie pop, whilst the classy eye shadow and dark hair blend together nicely. I used Adobe Photoshop to edit the photo in order to make it look more professional and better on the eye. I wanted to get rid of the dull/grey effect that the original photo had. In order to do this I played with the saturation and the brightness until I was satisfied with the appearance. I also wanted to get rid of the shadows and dark marks on her face, therefore I used the patch tool to lighten these parts. I also used Surface Blur in order to smooth out the image and improve how professional it looked. Overall I believe the outcome of the editing has helped make the photo brighter and clearer for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment