Wednesday 11 December 2013

Draft Question 3

It is very important that a company distributes my magazine - however it is more important that the company distributing my magazine doesn't already have of a similar magazine as the competition within this music genre category is too high for competition. I would choose for PLC to distribute my magazine as IPC media distributes massive branding of magazines such as Q and NME - due to the massive similarities of magazines from mine and Q magazine I want to keep away from IPC media as the competition would probably out go my magazine due to such high demand of readership for Q magazine.

Future PLC seem a positive investment for my magazine, not only the high demand of readers do they share but have been named 'digital publisher of the year' and 'media company of the year' suggesting the great success in which the company clearly hold. Due to such the high reputation in which they hold I feel confident my magazine would sell well within Future PLC. From information gathered about them they have no similar magazines out right now which they are distributing putting my magazine top ranking for my audience to get involved in. Future has one of the most highly-respected music portfolios in the world and continue to lead the market through print and digital innovation as they look to target more musicians on a global scale. Magazines which they distribute are Total Guitar, Rhythm and Guitarist. The company will hopefully like my magazine as they should feel engaged through the sense of similarity, as instruments play a role in my magazine both indie and pop music highlights the importance of instruments throughout the music which my genre tells.  In my opinion when choosing on a distributor for your magazine it is important that your target audience is of a similar type, if a distributor was aiming at 40 year olds that would be convenient for my age category however Future PLC have a target audience of 16+ and therefore would not be risk taking when choosing them for my distributor, my magazine would fit in well with the other magazines of what they distribute through the age category of my magazine - as Future PLC has a target audience rating for higher readership of men I need to ensure a good balance for my magazine to ensure I can still reach out to the female readership which I feel strongly about completing as the high demand of readers for my music genre that I have. My magazine will be half print and half online due to the huge platform of Future PLC having of successful online I also feel confident that my online will sell just as well as my print.





No comments:

Post a Comment