Sunday 15 December 2013

Draft Question 7

Back in September when we made our plelimiary tasks it was clear to me during the process of making it that I had no clue how to use indesign or how to arrange a front cover/contents page – I have only been use to Photoshoot before and even that I found challenging so this was a big task for me to take on. In comparison to Photoshop Indesign have a lot more tools and techniques in which you can use to make your magazine more professional and classy.  
 

Indesign is an automatically quicker method of making magazines, there are quick shortcuts you can use to make sure your house style of fonts and colour follow through throughout your whole magazine, you can add swatches and by doing this it saves your chosen colour into a tool bar on the side ensuring you always have your house style colour on the side able to use. As for the fonts you can design your own ‘paragraph’ settings, so whenever you want to make a title the font comes up in the chosen size every time as will subtitles or articles which you chosen. For the images, the quality of them was much better and easier you click in the chosen area choose the picture and it comes through – my overall magazine looking back now is of such a higher quality and design in comparison to my plelimary task where no real house style or design was used. I feel I have learnt an awful amount, before I never new about the short cuts or the different designs you could use which I have learnt about. In comparison to my GCSE work too the change is unreal, It’s made me realise if you know how to work a programme well it will all fall together in itself and look great.
 
 The image quality used in the plelimiary task was not up to a good standard, the back grounding of the photos was just taken in a random place with a non professional camera where as now the photos were taken professionally with a high tech camera using props and thinking clearly about the mise en scene of the magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment